Mar 3, 2011

Up Close With "The Gaston Boyz"


The Gaston Boyz is Upcoming Rap Group Consisting Two Brothers….Hailing From Brooklyn Ny, The Nitty Gritty Streets Of Brownsville, I sat Down with the two for a very up close interview about their rap career, Tune In:
F2D: First Off How Are You Today?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: Sick
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: I’m chillin 2 day same sh*t different day
F2D: What is it like being an Under Ground Rapper?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: Its not what you expect, some people think they will become famous right away, have numerous amount of fans right away and that’s it but their wrong…But for me its okay so far…I’m Just Starting.
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: Being a underground rapper is hard because u got a lot n*ggas that come from thin air and call their self rapping now in day or trying to push you out of your element of doing good because they want the talent you have. But I have Money to make and pockets to shake you feeling me. A lot of wack rappers nowadays make it hard for a talented rapper to do his or her thing.
F2D: What are the pros and the cons about rapping?‎​
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: The pros is after all the work you do, it will eventually pay and down the road you will meet someone….The cons is the negativity and gimmicks us as an artist may go through. Some people were created to sell dreams that aren’t even visioned when sleeping.
F2D: What inspired you to rap? Or inspires you?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: Music Period and how my life was when i was growing up, and of course all the old music my parents played when I was a child.
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: (Points to prez) My brother Prez 1st inspired me, he’s always rapping and making music…and this was when I was around 9 years old and he was about 10. Oh I can’t forget my n*gga Stack Bundles R.I.P To him. On of the best NY rappers hands Down, nothing will change my mind on that!
F2D: What inspiration do you have when writing songs?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: Whatever I’m thinking about or whatever is on my mind is my inspiration
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: When I’m writing a song I think about Life In general
F2D: What’s it like living in a rough neighborhood and trying to maintain a positive
attitude/image?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: Its easy. Once you have a positive mindset you can learn to over look what the murderers/kidnappers etc are doing and not have to worry about their criminal hobbies rubbing off on you, Its basically all about staying focused
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: Its Cool but living in Brownsville is like living in the middle of f*king Alcatraz (laughs) or camping out in Iraq or some sh*t. Truthfully I befriended a lot of people that live in Brownsville but not the same area as me…a lot of people don’t get along with them. But The Gaston Boyz Do!! But other than that we surviving.
F2D: What’s your views on the jealousy parts of the game? The people that don’t want
you to make it?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: Pay them no mind because with negative energy brings positive actions to those who ignore the negative energy
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: Well from rapping and being around so many n*ggas that do it, I learned to let n*ggas hate and all that….even though as younger child I use to feed into bull and just run up and start slapping but I’m working on being calm!
F2D: Who are you hoping to collaborate with in the future?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: Jay-z, Nas, Talib Kweli, Keith Sweat, T-Pain
‎​F2D: How do you feel about the negative criticism from other “rappers” hailing from
the same neighborhood?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: Im gone put it like this….and this is NOT directed to Someone nor Any One….Its a Statement directed to whomever is hating on the Gaston Boyz excuse my french: “All Yall haters can suck my D**k, If you don’t like the way I taste tell ya girl to get a lick, I’m from BROWNS V I double L E If you don’t like me That’s a problem for WE!!!” (Sits Back In His Chair)
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: [Cosigns With Prez In a straight Face] Excuse my french also… But The ones Hating On us in the hood yall can definately suck a d**k!
F2D: What does the Gaston Boyz stand for?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: It Stands for the block that The Gaston Boyz stand at, Its a real griddy block, everything you see is REAL!
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: the Gaston Boyz is basically the whole Mother Gaston strip you got Gaston girls and Gaston Boyz. But Me and Prez just happen to be the ones really repping Mother Gaston, Our Stepping Grounds!
‎​F2D: Do u feel the Gaston Boyz and Blakk Dye will make it far?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: I Know the Gaston Boyz And Blakk Dye will make it far because we all work together and show we don’t need on one but our team.
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: Well to me I believe Gaston Boyz can go as far as Tyra’s head line [Gaston Boyz Both Laugh]  and you know that’s wild far!
‎​F2D: What’s It Like Working With Chunky Marv?
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: Its real cool…even tho sometimes it seems like were siblings because one day we make some hott ass songs and the next we might a lil small disagreement [Gaston Boyz Both Laugh/Smile] But Its all love because at the end of the day its Gaston Boyz/Blakk Dye ENT for life.
F2D: Being a gaston boy in the light. Whats it like keeping women and staying on track
lol or shall I say groupies?
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: I wouldn’t call them groupies…(smirks, rubs his hand across his chin) No disrespect but; I call them Now and Laters
F2D: Now and Laters??
Gaston Boyz[Prez]: Yeah If I wasn’t rapping Now some of them wouldn’t like me….But Let me say I’m rapping in the near future they will like me later…So Staying on track isn’t a issue. The women can probably remind someone of how they got em in the first place!
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: [Smiles] Me myself f I talk to a lot of females, I’m not really worried about “keeping” a girl because I’m trying to stay as focused as I can….I can’t let no female or anyone knock me off my grind!
F2D: What Inspired the name “Mixed Emotions” to come to mind? And What Emotions is in the album?’
Gaston Boyz[RahMoneyBags]: Well We all Had different views and emotions on different situations so we just decided to call it “Mixed Emotions” to magnify that we have different views and opinions on sh*t. On the album your going to hear a whole lot of mixed emotions…so who ever is listening to it would probably relate to a few of the songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment